Recent Job Announcements
Location and deadline
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Finance (Assistant Professor) - University of Queensland Business School
Job Description & Qualification
The University of Queensland Business School is seeking to recruit an outstanding recent PhD graduate or experienced assistant professor for the role of a lecturer (Level B) or senior lecturer (Level C) in finance. For international candidates this role is broadly equivalent to a tenure-track, assistant professor in the US system and in the Australia system is classified as a continuous, teaching and research (T&R) appointment. We welcome applications in all areas of finance. However, we strongly encourage applicants conducting work that also aligns with our priority areas of investments, fintech, climate finance, venture capital, and energy/resources.
Candidates are expected to have been awarded a PhD in finance or a related field by the time they commence in the role. We expect candidates will be able to show evidence of a high-quality research agenda in a relevant area targeting leading academic journals. They are also expected to be able to demonstrate high potential for contributing to teaching in undergraduate, postgraduate and/or executive programs. A full list of essential requirements is listed in the application portal.
It is a requirement of the Australian visa system that we list the base salary ranges for this position. However, applicants should note that there is the potential for a negotiated market loading for internationally competitive candidates.
For Level B, the full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range AUD$101,533 – $120,570 per annum, plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range AUD$118,794 – $141,067 per annum.
For Level C, the full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range AUD$124,378 – $143,415 per annum, plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range AUD$145,523 – $167,796 per annum.
To submit an application for this role go to the UQ Careers portal via the Website link below and use the Apply button.
All applicants must upload the following documents in order for your application to be considered:
• Cover Letter, which should state the academic level you wish to be considered for (Lecturer = Level B, Senior Lecturer = Level C, or both) and address each of the essential requirements in the ‘About You’ section of the UQ Careers portal.
• Curriculum vitae (CV)
• Sample research paper
• Teaching statement
• Research statement
• Recent student evaluations (if available)
Job No: R-07530
Applications close: 2 May 2022
About the Organization
The University of Queensland Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and among the leading institutions worldwide. Based at the UQ St Lucia campus as part of the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law, it brings together over 170 subject experts with over 11,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and Executive Education.
The University of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading teaching and research universities. UQ ranks among the world’s top universities and, with a strong focus on teaching excellence, UQ has won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. More than 56,000 current students, including around 20,000 postgraduate students and approximately 21,000 international students from 142 countries, currently study across UQ’s three campuses in South East Queensland. UQ’s six faculties, eight globally recognised research institutes and more than 100 research centres attract an interdisciplinary community of 1,500 scientists, social scientists and engineers who champion research excellence and continue UQ’s tradition of research leadership. This is reflected in UQ being the number one recipient of Australian Research Council Fellowships and Awards nationally across all scheme years (452 awards worth $339 million).
Find out more at business.uq.edu.au/about
To discuss this role please contact Professor Shaun Bond, Frank Finn Professor of Finance and Finance Discipline leader (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For queries about application process or website, please contact email@example.com stating job reference number R-07530 in the subject line.
For Additional Questions
Faculty of Business
Faculty provide effective instruction in general Business subjects and for contributing to at least 2 or more specific areas, such as: Accounting; Finance and Banking; Human Resource Management; International Business Management; Quality and Strategic Management; Tourism and Events Management; and Supply Chain Management. The Applied Business Program is highly integrated with Information Technology and Faculty members will need to have highly developed IT skills. Faculty provides effective instruction in the assigned program/discipline. PhD holders with the relevant experience in graduate programs may be granted Graduate Faculty status. Curriculum is taught to second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. Faculty play an important role in assisting with the development and preservation of system-wide and directorate-specific policies, and are viewed as active participants in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline is required where applicable.
- Or Master’s Degree and a professional certification relevant to the discipline with 5 years of teaching and industry experience.
- Appropriate academic professional qualifications as required.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience is preferred.
- Experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards.
- Experience incorporating Educational Technology in curriculum and instructional strategies.
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 25,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented male and female campuses across seven Emirates in the UAE. HCT employs more than 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities of diverse cultures from around the world who share professional practices and innovative ideas thereby enriching the HCT community.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Engineering Technology & Science, Computer Information Science, Applied Media, Business, Education and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with UAE business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards, and to empower students with skills to become technical leaders and entrepreneurs.
How to apply
If you are interested in working for the HCT, please apply for the position online by clicking this link: https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/webforms/ViewJobDetail.aspx?j=38526&h=0
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
The Faculty of Economic and Administrative Sciences of the Pontifical Xavierian University invites applications for a full-time position at the Assistant Professor level. We are looking for high-quality candidates with a Ph.D. in accounting or related areas to teach and conduct research in our Department of Accounting.
Located in the modern, eastern area of Bogotá, La Javeriana is a non-profit and private higher education institution. It was founded in 1623 by the Society of Jesus, and is currently one of the oldest and most prestigious Colombian universities, which has traditionally educated the Colombian elite. Its mission is to educate professionals that stand out due to their academic formation, human quality, ethics and social responsibility. FCEA has undergraduate and graduate programs in accounting, business administration and economics. We provide generous incentives for publication, research funds, as well as the possibility to hire junior research assistants. The standard teaching load is two courses per semester.
Interested candidates should send their application materials to: CAlcocer@Javeriana.edu.co, M_Farfan@Javeriana.edu.co and BRodri@Javeriana.edu.co. We will remotely interview selected applicants. Please visit our university’s website at https://cea.javeriana.edu.co/inicio. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Research and Communications Fellow
The DPRK Strategic Research Center of KIMEP University is looking for talented applicants to the following position:
Job Title: Research & Communications Fellow
Division: Office of the President
Department: DPRK Strategic Research Center
Position reports to: President and the Principal Investigator
Summary: The DPRK Strategic Research Center is looking for a motivated and proactive Research Fellow to work jointly with the principal investigator, Dr. Chan Young Bang, the Senior Research Fellow, and the staff of the center, on issues related but not limited to: North Korean economy, North Korean politics, Foreign relations of North Korea, Geopolitical issues on the Korean Peninsula and East Asia. Ideally, the Research Fellow should be equally versed in editing/proofreading and in administrative tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage communications between the President and news editors, scholars, and potential partners of the DPRK Strategic Research Center;
- Produce both scholarly and news-oriented articles as dictated by the President for publication;
- Complete reading assignments of scholarly materials and articles as directed by the President;
- Conduct independent analysis and give presentations to the research team as conducted by the President;
- Maintain the content and interface of the DPRK Strategic Research Center website and social media accounts in collaboration with the marketing department;
- Act as a link between the DPRK Strategic Research Center and other departments at KIMEP University to ensure that the internal communications of the units function efficiently and effectively;
- Share supervisory responsibilities for student assistants in the DPRK Strategic Research Center and oversee administrative duties for the office;
- Coordinate or support the organization of DPRK Strategic Research Center events at the request of the President; and
- Undertake other projects and assignments at the request of the President.
- Fluency in English speaking (preferably native speaker) and writing skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Economics, Journalism, History, Regional Studies, or a related field;
- At least 1 year of cumulative professional experience in a communications-related position;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite, as well as familiarity with the WordPress content management system.
- Proficiency in Korean and/or Russian language
- Master’s degree in International Relations, Economics, Journalism, History, Regional Studies, or a related field.
Please apply here via the HR Portal: https://hr.kimep.kz/en-US/Home/Vacancy/429
You are kindly asked to attach your CV, Cover letter and please mention your salary expectations to this position.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The review of applications can start on March 23, 2022.
Salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed
The Thunderbird School of Global Management is pleased to announce the opening of several full-time tenure track positions (assistant, associate or full rank) to join our world renown and globally diverse faculty. Applicants are sought in a range of fields with a global approach and record (including digital transformation, international public and non-profit leadership, sustainability, cross-cultural communications, cross-cultural leadership, cross cultural management, negotiations, global affairs, diversity and inclusion, creative industries, finance, accounting, data analytics, international law and related fields) with strong preference given to those engaging in cutting-edge 4th Industrial Revolution/Industry 4.0 and cross-sectoral competencies (business, government, non-profit) within their discipline. We are expanding our globally diverse and world class faculty that embrace a range of disciplinary traditions. Appointments can begin as early as Fall semester 2022.
The Thunderbird School of Global Management (#1 Masters in Management) WSJ 2019) at Arizona State University (#1 for Innovation US News & World Report) is the most global and digital leadership, management and professional school in the world. Under the visionary leadership of Dr. Sanjeev Khagram, Thunderbird has regained its vanguard position with a vision to advance sustainable and equitable prosperity worldwide, and mission to empower and influence global leaders and global leadership in the private, public and non-profit sectors for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
In less than three years and even accelerating during the pandemic, the School has more than doubled in size, undertaken a dramatic set of curricular innovations, expanded and diversified its executive education portfolio, and established 16 new regional centers of excellence around the world from Tokyo to Nairobi, Dubai to Bogota, Shanghai to Geneva, Moscow to Jakarta. Completed in September 2021 we moved into a new state of the art and the most digitally advanced global headquarters of any professional school in the world. The number of regional centers will grow to over 25 by 2023 in cities such as Mumbai, Mexico City, Istanbul, Dakar and London among others added to our network. Opportunities for Executive Education teaching around the world are dramatically growing at Thunderbird.
Thunderbird faculty are a globally diverse and collaborative group that value our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. The Thunderbird faculty are proudly pluralistic and firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for outstanding candidates of every race, gender, creed, national origin, sexual orientation and identity background. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community and have a deep “global mindset”, are entrepreneurial and innovative. We welcome candidates from any part of the world.
Preferred qualifications for these full-time positions include a doctoral degree or foreign equivalent in an appropriate field of study. Candidates nearing completion of their degree with significant research, teaching and/or practical track records may also be considered. Candidates must demonstrate the potential to actively publish in premier scholarly and practitioner journals in their discipline and demonstrate the potential to teach effectively at the undergraduate and graduate level. Preference may be given to candidates with relevant experience in teaching at the college/university level and evidence of research competence. We value interdisciplinary backgrounds, applied research and professional experience as complements to scholarly achievements.
Candidates must be able to conduct high quality research that is published in premier journals or books in top presses; effectively teach courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level; and interact effectively with colleagues to support and enhance our unique culture focused on inclusion, innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
Candidates must 1) possess an earned doctorate in their academic field(s); ABD candidates must successfully defend their dissertation by July 1, 2022; 2) Demonstrate the potential to actively publish in premier scholarly and applied journals and/or books with in highly ranked presses; and 3) Demonstrate the potential to teach effectively at the undergraduate and/or graduate level – ideally in multiple modalities (in-person, synchronous digital, asynchronous on-line, hybrid/blended). Executive education teaching experience would be most welcome but is not a requirement.
Candidates for tenured Associate and Full should have international reputations, expertise, and distinguished records in terms of scholarship, applied experience, external leadership, and university service. They should demonstrate a capacity and willingness for academic and professional entrepreneurship and innovation. Candidates must be able to meet the requirements of tenure at Thunderbird and Arizona State University.
Starting on December 1 applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed every week in the order in which they were received until the positions are filled. Formal application must be accomplished through submission of 1) a cover letter that addresses how you meet the qualifications and why you are interested in this position at Thunderbird/ASU; 2) a curriculum vitae (including a list of manuscripts under review identifying the journal and review status); 3) a research statement; 4) a teaching statement with any evidence of teaching competency/teaching evaluations (if available); 5) a statement (one page maximum) addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance the Thunderbird School’s commitment to inclusive excellence; and 6) a list of three (3) references, all uploaded through apply.interfolio.com/99419.
For additional information, please visit our website: thunderbird.asu.edu. If your questions pertain to issues that are portfolio submission related, please contact Ms. Barbara Patton-Walker (B.Patton-Walker@thunderbird.asu.edu). If they are job related, please contact the Deputy Dean of Faculty and Administration, Dr. Mary Teagarden (firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee Chair.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Essex Business School
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Management and Marketing Group at Essex Business School in the field of Marketing. The group already has more than 20 research active members, consisting of emerging as well as world-leading researchers with an international reputation for its cutting-edge research in the fields of brand management, sustainability, social enterprise, critical management & marketing and consumer behaviour. We are keen to appoint a talented scholar with experience in any area of Marketing, appointing at Lecturer level. We would, however, especially welcome applications from those with expertise in:
- Digital Marketing
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Critical Marketing Studies and/or,
- Any area aligned to research interests in the management and marketing group
Católica Porto Business School (CPBS) invites applications for positions at the Associate/Assistant Professor level (depending on qualifications), to start September 1, 2022. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. in the scientific field (or related), and have significant international experience.
At the Assistant Professor level, we are looking for applicants with strong potential or track record of prestigious publications, and the ability to teach successfully at the undergraduate, MSc and executive education levels. At the Associate Professor level, candidates are expected to show a strong research track record in prestigious management journals, excellence in teaching, and the ability to add to the research reputation and productivity of the School. Compensation and teaching load are competitive with other prestigious European schools.
We are particularly, but not exclusively, interested in candidates with expert knowledge in the following topics:
- Strategy: sustainability, business strategy, corporate strategy, external growth options, and international management; Link: Strategy
- Accounting: financial accounting; Link: Accounting
- Organisational Behaviour or Human Resource Management: leadership, teams, conflict management and negotiation, innovation and change management, human resource development, performance management, neuroscience of organisational behaviour, health and safety at work, international human resources management, and communication; Link: Organisational Behaviour or Human Resource Management
- Management Science and Information Systems: supply chain management, business analytics; Link: Management Science and Information Systems
Compensation & Benefits
- Research-based tenure requirements for Assistant Professor positions, to be assessed regularly during the contractual period.
- Teaching load reductions: i) reduction in the first year of the contract for country/institution adaptation; ii) significant yearly reductions based on research productivity in the previous 5-year period.
- Competitive salary at the European level: The nominal salaries at CPBS are equivalent to significantly higher nominal salaries in most European cities. The cost of living in Porto is substantially lower than that of other European cities and also lower than in Lisbon. As per the Cost of Living Plus Rent Index, consumer prices including rent are 49.02% and 25.88% higher in Berlin and Madrid, respectively, than in Porto.
- Tax reduction benefits for non-residents for a period of 10 years (see NHR Portugal – The complete guide to the non-habitual resident regime(globalcitizensolutions.com)).
- Moving allowance: a one-off stipend to support the expenses of moving to Porto.
- Generous monetary prizes for high-quality publications and competitive research projects.
- Additional benefits: annual research allowance, private health insurance (basic) fully covered by the University; scholarships for children attending degree programmes at the University.
Católica Porto Business School
Católica Porto Business School (catolicabs.porto.ucp.pt) is a school of Universidade Católica Portuguesa, renowned for the development of professionals for a sustainable and global society, and for advancing knowledge in Management and Economics.
The School is part of a select group of three schools in Portugal that boast EQUIS and AMBA accreditations. Its programmes are also included under Universidade Católica Portuguesa’s AACSB accreditation scope. These recognitions assert the excellence of all our activities, including Teaching, Research and Societal Impact. Research at Católica Porto Business School combines the highest standards of scientific rigor with impact on businesses and society.
Universidade Católica Portuguesa actively promotes a non-discrimination and equal access policy, wherefore no candidate can be privileged, benefited, impaired or deprived of any rights whatsoever, or be exempt of any duties based on their ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, family and economic conditions, instruction, social origin or condition, genetic heritage, reduced working capacity, disability, chronic illness, nationality, ethnic origin or race, territory of origin, language, religion, political or ideological convictions, and union membership.
Living in Portugal and Porto
Portugal is one of the top 3 safest countries to live in the world (by 2020 Global Peace Index) and the cost of living is substantially lower than in other European countries (by 2020 Cost of Living Index). The country is mostly known by its 850km of world-class sandy beaches, among the best weather in Europe, sports and culture, and is the 2nd best country for immigrants’ integration in the world. Public transportation is good and there is a public healthcare system. Portuguese is usually listed as the 5th most spoken language in the world and the 3rd most spoken European language in terms of native speakers.
Porto is the second-largest city in Portugal, and one of the Iberian Peninsula’s major urban areas. Located along the Douro River where it flows into the Atlantic, Porto has a rich history and culture and its core was proclaimed a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996. Home of the Port wine, Porto combines a small city’s feel and friendliness with a vibrant and increasingly cosmopolitan atmosphere for the enjoyment of life’s greatest things.
The application should be sent by email to email@example.com and should include the following:
- Cover Letter;
- Detailed academic and scientific curriculum vitae, in English;
- Scanned copy of the doctoral degree certificate;
- 2 reference letters (Optional);
- 1 current paper (working paper or under submission);
- 1 most significant publication;
- A teaching statement that describes your previous teaching experience (with evidence of teaching scores, where available) and future pedagogical development plans;
- A research statement that describes your previous research contributions and future research plans (Optional);
The applications, along with the documents mentioned above, must be delivered by the 30th of April. The absence of any documentation which cannot be internally obtained will result in the rejection of the application. Applications that do not meet the requirements or which are submitted after the deadline will also be rejected.
- Stage 1: Assessment of curriculum and other application documents;
- Stage 2: Interviews and research seminar for shortlisted candidates.
All candidates will be contacted after the shortlisting of applications is completed.
Should you have any queries regarding administrative procedures of this vacancy please contact Carolina Horta (firstname.lastname@example.org). For other questions, please contact Professor Jorge Julião (email@example.com).